Sunday, November 8, 2015

Convergence


The clock struck.
The guts got ready. At least theirs. 
Not mine. Cuz I have none.
So I listened. 

I heard their wounds. The sharp edges of deconstructed passages.
Passages in a book. I could read them over and over and over.
They expressed in forthright tones. In pain that had muscle. Their breathing apparatus intact.
They spoke with eloquence. 

Dazzling authenticities. 

These beauts of humanity launched their emancipatory prose into a universe, that however vast, felt so totally, radically like HOME.
I sat captivated in the glow of their commentaries and formulations on Life.
How to make it better. How to make it grow. How to love it into a kind of change that seems oh well.
Inconceivable? 
But no, not so impossible, dear heart.
For they had already been doing it long before this meeting of minds.

I was out of my mind. 

Trying to preserve the pretense of a "community role", 
I tensed knowing the release would come, awe-struck by the veracity of experience, I could not withhold the aching need to JUST BE.
The audacity of converging vernaculars! Oh, these precocious spirits were shining something monumental straight into my eyes!
They spoke of visionary, transformative, Indigenous ways of knowing.
And in/justices.

We all identified, a collective among so much nonconformity. 
We were all quite contra-rarities. 

And it soon became a celebration from within. 
This soul who walked the earth in rejected anguish.
To rediscover the lucid glow of a new familiarity, 
one that reminded this near-artifice of the forever-affinities of former companions.

And so it was to come again, today,
To remind me to tread closer to hope instead of the Edge.
Pay mind to the tribulations, my dear, but...
Colour your tainted vista with perspective.

They came. They found me. They pulled me out. 
Wet and weeping. 
But alive! Alive!

Convergence. 

1 comment: